Ham (1865-1939). Street in Azcuénaga. Daughter of John Ham
and Kathleen Ganly. She was a key benefactor of the ‘Nuestra
Señora del Rosario’ chapel, and founder of the ‘Nuestra Señora
de Luján’ school in San Andrés de Giles (1 April 1914), originally
aimed at Irish-Argentine children. Other benefactors of the
‘Nuestra Señora del Rosario’ chapel were:
Ham (1857-1923), brother of Elena Ham. Died in estancia
Santa Elena, in Azcuénaga.
Mackay de Cunningham donated the lands to the La Plata
bishopric in 13 May 1902. 
Irish Argentine [1888 to March 1889; weekly/irregular].
Founded by Juan Cunningham (b. Ireland 1824). The Irish
Argentine, founded by Father Bernard Feeney (1844-1919),
from Co. Roscommon, Ireland. Fr Feeney ‘established in Mercedes,
north of Buenos Aires, Argentina’s first industrial school.
The school was created as the non-fee-paying wing of the
Pallotine Order’s St. Patrick College to provide orphaned
boys opportunities to learn a trade. Feeney secured printing
equipment and, as a training exercise, produced twelve issues
of a monthly magazine Flowers and Fruit. Due to problems
of school management, in 1887 the non-fee-paying wing was
transferred to the village of Azcuénaga, a short distance
south of San Antonio de Areco. Azcuénaga seemed an ideal
location for the school as there was a high concentration
of Irish living in the neighbourhood, including many prosperous
families who, it was hoped, would provide financial support.
The printing equipment was moved to Azcuénaga and a more
professional journal, the Irish Argentine, was created.
Edited by Feeney, the Irish Argentine was described
by the Southern Cross in its 6 January 1888 edition
as being "a strenuous defender of Catholicism as well
as Irish and Argentine interests". William Bulfin,
under the pen-name of "Bullfinch", contributed
some of his first essays to the paper and went on to serve
as editor of the Southern Cross. The Irish Argentine
was to have been published weekly, but in the course of
a year, only twelve issues were produced. The school closed
in the late 1888 and the paper survived a few months longer
until Feeney’s departure for Rome’ .
de los Ingleses’. Estancias of Bird, Gibney, Kenny, Welsh,
Mullally, Moran, etc. 
Whelan (ca 1855) (Coghlan 1987: 891)